Fares and Freight
- No hike in passenger fares
- Proposal for setting up of Railway Tariff Regulatory Authority formulated and at inter-ministerial consultation stage
- Fuel Adjustment Component (FAC) linked revision for freight tariff to be implemented from 1st April 2013
- Supplementary charges for super fast trains, reservation fee, clerkage charge, cancellation charge and tatkal charge marginally increased
- Enhanced reservation fee abolished
- ‘Aadhar’ to be used for various passenger and staff related services.
- Internet ticketing from 0030 hours to 2330 hours.
- e-ticketing through mobile phones.
- Project of SMS alerts to passengers providing updates on reservation status.
- Covering larger number of trains under Real Time Information System.
- Next-Gen e-ticketing system to be rolled out capable of handling 7200 tickets per minute against 2000 now & 1.20 lakh users simultaneously against 40,000 now.